Skip to main content

Please Join Us In Prayer - CT Scan Tomorrow

I just received the call from the hospital with Violet's appointment time. We will be checking in at 9:30 AM at Seattle Children's Hospital. They let me know the procedure will take approximately 1.5 hours and then recovery from anesthesia will be a few hours. These will be the tests that tell us everything about the stage of cancer.

We would love for the tumor to just be gone! If that is not the case, we want to hear that it has not spread anywhere else at all. We want to hear that Violet's life will be saved, her eye will be saved and her sight will be restored.

There is a beautiful prayer that went out for Violet by email. We do not even know the wonderful man who wrote it but I thank God for him. The prayer was forwarded to me and I want to share it below:


As you have said a personal prayer for the benefit of Violet, lets also come to collective agreement in Prayer for her comfort, healing and above all God's Glory ...

Father God, Maker of all things good, creator of the human body, I acknowledge that you are the God above all things. Lord, when a petition goes out like this for your children to stand in agreement for you to do miracles, I am honored to be able to ask of you to do a miracle. Not just because you can, but because you desire for us to know you are full of Mercy new each day. No matter what the human mind or emotional impact from diagnosis other than you, we know that you and you alone can repair any condition or illness of Violet's eye. I claim your protection as described in the 91st Psalm that covers 24/7 from any disaster, illness, pestilance, disease or trial. I say that may anyone whom reads this prayer for the healing and comforts of this little 7 month old girl get to see the results of your Glory. May you hear our cries for relief to the parents of Violet and may the anxiety while you are at work be replaced by Joy that only you can provide. Lord Violet is as much or more my sister than my earthly sister and I love her. I do not need to know her personally to be affected by her young life. This is the ministry that my King, your son left behind to be fulfilled by all that you have given to him. I am priviliged to be yours to be his and I claim this w/ pure motive of heart that Violet will be released of this sickness that she would come to know you and live for you all of her days. Done! Your will be done Daddy.
In Jesus name, Amen, Amen & Amen.

Comments

  1. Lord, look upon Violet with eyes of mercy, may your healing hand rest upon Violet, may your life giving powers flow into every cell of her body and into the depths of her soul, cleansing, purifying, restoring her to wholeness and strength for service in your Kingdom. Amen.

    There is not a day that goes by since I've found out that I don't pray for you little Violet!!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you , the baby , your husband and family as I feel the pain and want to tell you that I will pray again and again ...my baby Arielle is born 7 month ago as well and my heart aches so much ...be strong know that I will keep you in my thoughts ... Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get your beautiful girl off of my mind today. I'm praying so hard right now. Our 5 month old daughter was born with a rare eye defect that will most likely leave her blind. I try to keep my head up about it and just as I was about to cave to the stress of it, I "found" you and wow! You are so strong and amazing in your situation. I got a little perspective and will be praying for you all! Violet is luck to have such great parents who are willing to fight for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am praying for you all today. I know that Jesus hears our prayers and that he loves your sweet girl deeply...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shenay, it was lovely getting to know your family a bit yesterday! I wanted to let you know that Jeremy & I will be praying for you all this week.

    Also, when I saw this daily devo from Jon Coursen, it did make me think back on how hard it is to go thru the fire and keep on praising God. When Jeremy was in the hospital, a very special song to me was "Blessed Be Your Name" done by Tree63. They lyrics are so profound.

    "Blessed be your name. On the road marked with suffering, Oh, There's pain in the offering Blessed be your name

    Every blessing you pour out, I turn back to praise When the darkness closes in, Lord Still I will say... Blessed be the name of the Lord"

    I am going to add the devo here below,
    praying, Breeze (& Jeremy)


    August 8

    Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? Hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.
    Psalm 42:11

    “I shall yet praise Him” doesn’t mean “someday I’m going to praise Him,” or “someday I’ll be able to look back and honor Him.” No, the Hebrew language is clear that the psalmist would praise God presently.

    This is so powerful and so practical. Even as he’s working through his own emotional difficulty, the psalmist says, “Here’s what I’m going to do: I’m going to hope in God - absolutely expecting things are going to work out for my good and His glory. I’m going to talk to God. I’m going to be honest with the Lord. He knows what I’m thinking, anyway. So I’m just going to tell Him when I feel forgotten.”

    The psalmist hopes in God. He talks to God. And he praises God. It is so important that we learn to be people who praise God. It was one thing when Miriam and the congregation of Israel praised the Lord after they were delivered from the oncoming Egyptians (Exodus 15). But how much better it would have been had they praised God before the Red Sea parted. The key is to say, “Lord, even though I don’t see how this is going to work out, I know You’ll never leave me nor forsake me. And I know that all things work together for good for me. Therefore, I’m going to praise You in advance.”

    When Silas and Paul were in the Philippian prison at midnight praising the Lord, an earthquake jolted the doors open. Assuming all the prisoners had fled, the jailer was about to take his life when Paul said, “Wait a minute. We’re all here” (Acts 16). Why had no one left? I suggest it was because the other prisoners saw something in Paul and Silas that so intrigued them that they wanted to stick around and see how it all played out. They wanted to be free like Paul and Silas were - not only externally but, more important, internally.

    That’s what happens in our lives as well. When we say, “I’m going to hope in You, Lord,” the imprisoned world around us takes note and is drawn to Him.

    Before the Red Sea parts and before the prison doors open is your moment for greatness. Don’t miss it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Violet's Port-a-cath Surgery

We just made it home from Seattle Children's Hospital. Violet's surgery was successful and lasted almost 2 hours. Then, she was in recovery for another 2.5 hours. The first thing we were told when the anesthesiologist and doctor came in was that it took a little longer than expected because they had a hard time finding a vein for the IV. Our poor little baby had her hands, wrists and feet poked and when they could not get any of those to work they ended up shaving some of her hair and getting the line in on her scalp by her temple. My eyes quickly welled up with tears with the news but I then took a deep breath and tried to focus on the fact that she was awake and well ... something to be very grateful for. The doctor let us know that the port was inserted by 2 incisions, one in the neck and one in the chest on her right side. There are dissolvable stitches in place on the skin and underneath the skin as well. The port is stitched into the muscle of her chest wall and the li

Moving Forward

The last 5 days have been long and exhausting. To say we are overwhelmed would be an understatement. But, you never know until you are in a situation like this how strong you can really be. When we have our moments where we hit our end Josh and I pray together and God reels us back in to start fresh. On Wednesday afternoon Violet came out of anesthesia with no issues and she handled everything she had to go through that day very well. We were very grateful for that. There was a delay in the doctor getting to speak with us after the procedure that made waiting for news that much longer. The nurse brought Violet in to us as we were waiting and I got to feed her. Seeing our baby with an IV in her little hand, the redness of her eyes from the exam and the thought of the radiation she had just been exposed to from the scan was very difficult. When the doctor came in he explained a lot to us. First, he explained there was no indication on the scans that the cancer had spread to her right